Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Where am I going to wear this?

This is McCall's 6078, I lengthened it into a dress...of sorts.  I used the entire 36" length of a single yard of 59" wide fabric.  Since I am so very short (just over 5'), I barely got away with it.  I haven't worn a dress this short in years!  But I feel I got good use out of a single yard, and went ahead and entered it in the PR One Yard Challenge.
Now I just need someone to take me on a tropical cruise, so I have a suitable place to wear it!  lol.
Seriously though, I think I could wear it out to a nice lunch (or dinner), in summer.  I really hope I'll get more than one chance to wear it this summer.  It is certainly going to be hot enough...it already is!

I have never worn a cowl/drape neck item, wasn't sure I'd like it, but I think this one is so perfect!  The pleats at the shoulders make a great drape, and it doesn't look silly on me, as I had feared.  Now, the length or the print looking silly...that part is more debatable. :D

I got this crazy fabric on a good sale, though it is a very bright bold print and is sparkly to boot, I can't help but like it.  I'm usually not one for florals and pastels, but this piece just said "buy me"!   Oh, and I think it looks good from the back!


Sadly, it emphasizes my lack of  waist definition.  I have a curves up top, but am a rectangle from my ribcage down. :/  Ah well, maybe I could add some sort of belt (because you know, this outfit needs more!  lol)

2 comments:

  1. That is super flattering! It will be great by itself (don't bend over) or with skinny pants. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cowl looks really good on you! It's not *terribly* short - great for a nice lunch or dinner, and a stroll!

    ReplyDelete